Hey, guys today I will show you how to use Cloudflare CDN on your website to give it the best performance and security. As you know Cloudflare is the CDN provider for free and you can enhance your website speed with Cloudflare CDN. If anyone who does not know about Cloudflare then Cloudflare gives too much that provides content delivery network services, DDoS mitigation, Internet security, and distributed domain name server services. Cloudflare’s services sit between the visitor and the Cloudflare user’s hosting provider, acting as a reverse proxy for websites.
CloudFlare Data center Status check here.
Benefits with the free plan
What are the benefits that give us Cloudflare is a free plan that is much if you are a static page or WordPress website?
- Unmetered Mitigation of DDoS
- Global CDN
- Free SSL certificate
- I’m Under Attack™ mode
- Access to Cloudflare Apps
- Access to account Audit Logs
- 3 Page Rules included
- HTTP/2 & SPDY
- Firewall protection
- Brotli Compression
- Email-only support with a median response time of 13 hours
- Dnssec (Enhance DNS security)
These are the freest benefits of Cloudflare CDN services. If you have a company or enterprises website you can go with their paid plans. Cloudflare is a big brand so you can trust him without any doubt.
How to Setup in WordPress
If you want to set up your website on Cloudflare then you need to do some steps to use the Cloudflare services. in this tutorial, I explain here the most options in the Cloudflare.
- Firstly create an account on Cloudflare and fill all the details.
- Add your domain name which you want to use on Cloudflare.
- Cloudflare will give you two nameserver then you need to change your nameserver in your domain registrar account.
- After the changes nameservers, it may take some time to change around 24 hours.
- Put your DNS records correctly and check the DNS here.
- Check the SSL certificate in crypto if you do not have your own certificate on your domain you can use a flexible certificate.if you have your fully qualified certificate then you can use full Strict.
- The firewall you can create firewall rules to protect your site against hackers.
- In the Firewall you will see the security level option. you can choose which type of security you want.
- In the Speed option, you will show minifying pages. check the box if you want to minify your page.
- Brotli Compression is on if you decrease your page size.
- Cache is the most important part you can set it according to you.
- you can create the page rules to excludes or includes the pages in cache or security.
These are the Benefits of Cloudflare to get security and performance on your website.
In my opinion, you must use Cloudflare because it is free and also gives so many features to supercharge your website or blog. I see a much bigger tech blogger does not use Cloudflare service I don’t know why they do not prefer to use Cloudflare any else I encourage you if you have a blog then you use it. they give you an SSL certificate free and if you go outside and want to buy an SSL certificate then it will cost you around 8-10$.
In my next article, I will show you how to enhance your website page speed through Cloudflare and also tech how can we use the firewall in Cloudflare? these are very important topics. After using Cloudflare you don’t need to use any cache plugin because of all the cache serving with Cloudflare.
Please subscribe to my blog and share the post with friends to get benefits. Because we present here many tech-related articles and you receive it through your email. Also, Like us on Facebook and Follow on Twitter and support us to create a great community.